Are You Looking For Something?

Monday, February 9, 2009

Battle of the Bronzers



I completed my collection of
L'Oreal HiP Vibrant Shimmer Bronzing Powders.
I wanted to compare them against
my Giovi U.S.A. Magic Finish Cooked Powder #3,
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in So Ceylon,
as well as e.l.f. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in SUNKISSED.
I came to a startling conclusion! The e.l.f SUNKISSED & the MAC So Ceylon MSF are almost exactly the same!

Left to Right
e.l.f. SUNKISSED
MAC MSF So Ceylon


the MSF is a lil' rosy vs. the gold tone of the sunkissed, but they are almost a match!


I'm awaiting a shipment from e.l.f. in which are two more bronzer/highlighters. I'll update you when they arrive.

Giovi U.S.A. - Magic Finish - Cooked Powder #3(has a bronze caste)


MAC Mineralized Skin Finish So Ceylon
(rosy gold...CCO purchase $17.50)



e.l.f. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder
SUNKISSED




L'Oreal HiP Vibrant Shimmer Bronzing Powder
in order from Lightest to Darkest

Blessed 895 (has a brass caste)


Glowing 893 (has a warm copper/gold caste)


Thriving 899 (has a toasted gold caste)


Radiant 897 (has a warm copper caste)


Swatches from left to right
MSF So Ceylon
HiP Blessed
HiP Glowing
HiP Thriving
HiP Radiant
e.l.f. SUNKISSED



Giovi Magic Finish Cooked Powder #3 swatch



By far, my favorite of all is the Giovi Magic Finish Cooked Powder #3.
I'd love to order more, but they are out of stock! Bummer!
(Blue Heaven)= #3
You can find these on cherryculture.com under starry eyeshadow.
http://www.cherryculture.com/cosmetics/makeup/starry/starry-magic-finish-baked-eyeshadow/17138&cat=263&page=4# (thanks to Lisa for the headsup on that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.