Are You Looking For Something?

Monday, June 15, 2009

AuralineBeauty Brush REVIEW



I received a Peer request from Stephanie to review the brushes I purchased from Auraline Beauty.

I bought 3 of them. 1 each of the

148 cream brush
161 blending powder brush
139 bronzing brush

-----------------------
148 cream brush $19.00 OUCH i paid $8.00 on sale!
As a lover of cream blushes, I felt investing in the cream brush was essential. To date I'd been using my e.l.f. foundation brush for their application. The auraline brush is 2x as dense as the e.l.f. brush. This makes for more control re: placement of the blush. The e.l.f. brushes are more flexible (less control). It is important to dry the cream brush over the edge of the counter so as not to get mildew. It is so dense, it takes quite a while to dry.
---------------------------------
161 blending powder brush $11.25 I paid $9.60 on sale
Initially, I purchased this as a stippling brush for applying my liquid foundation. However, I found this brush to not be as dense as I needed it to be for that use. It appears to be much more dense on the website photo. It is very soft. I prefer to use it for application of MAC Mineralized Skinfinish, Powder Blush, or other bronzing powders. If you want a good quality dupe for the MAC 187 ($42.00), I suggest you invest in a Sigma SS187 ($16.00)
http://www.sigmamakeup.com/products/706.html
Another option is to wait for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale (July 17)
for the release of the MAC SPECIAL EDITION Brush set:
Shape & Perfect 168SE, 187SE, 194SE, 212SE, 275SE
($49.00) For more info, please ck. out
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-graphic-garden-collection-for-nordstrom-anniversary
--------------------------
139 bronzing brush $6.00 I paid $4.00 on sale (pony hair)
I thought this brush would be a good dupe for the MAC 109, but it is not firm enough. It is great for buffing foundation, bronzer & setting powder.
It is fine, but I prefer my e.l.f. studio powder brush ($3.00) as a more accurate dupe for the MAC 188 & or MAC 109 ($32.00)
My purchasing experience from auralinebeauty was pleasant enough. The shipping was reasonably priced ($3.00 under $150 product ordered/$150+ free ground shpg) & arrived quickly.
www.auralinebeauty.com

3 comments:

  1. That's for sure! My mom always said, buy ON SALE, not just FOR SALE. LOL They're great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reviewing these! Once I have $50 to blow on brushes I'll take the dive, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.