Are You Looking For Something?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Foundation Comparison/Review MAC Select SPF and NARS Sheer Glow



Left Photo (June 2010)
MAC Select SPF NC50
Eyes - e.l.f. Butternut Quad
Cheeks - NARS Crazed
Lips - MAC Show Orchid *gift from a friend
, Liner=NYX Current, NK Berry


Right Photo (Jan 2011)
NARS Sheer Glow MACAO
Eyes - Urban Decay NAKED Palette e/s
Cheeks -  Rock & Republic Contrived Pressed Powder XRATED
*gift from a friend, review coming soon
Lips - Make Up For Ever #36, same liner as above

MY THOUGHTS
NARS Sheer Glow ($42) is a light to medium coverage product. It is buildable.
I apply it best with my fingers.
This can be messy. However, with a little practice and patience, I have been pleased with the results.
Sometimes it photographs in a weird way. There may be a very sheer appearance or a gray caste.
In person, it starts out kind of gray, but seems to warm up with oxidation.
I have sensitive, combination dry skin. I am oily only in my Tzone. After about four hours of wear, I must touch up my tzone with powder. I will experiment with some mattifying primers soon and update this post accordingly.

I apply my MAC Select SPF ($26) most often with a damp (Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix) Sigma F80 Brush. This is a water based, medium coverage product.
Sometimes it can appear cakey if I don't take my time and apply it without rushing. It dries really quickly.
Because of this, I tend to have a more "made up" appearance.

I'm glad I invested in both foundations.
I cannot wait to try out Make Up Forever HD foundation next.

Do you have either or both of these brands/formulas? Do prefer one over the other?

8 comments:

  1. i've found the mac to show up way better in photos than the nars....and the MUFE foundation shows up amazingly beautiful in photos! you'll love that one :D

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vonnie...I agree. :O) Thanks so much for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try the Sheer Glow but with my oily skin I just don't think it would work for me. I'm always tempted by high end foundations but in the end drug store brands end up being my favorites. Revlon Photo Ready is HG for me.
    From the photos it looks like the MAC foundation is perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ann...Sheer Matte may be a better choice for you. But if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I wish I could do the Revlons, but I would have to buy more than 1 color & blend. I don't want to have to do all of that work. LOL The MAC def photographs better. I lose some color in the winter months as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to view & comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ur pics sis,u look beautiful I love Nars sheer glow but the Mac one seems to photograph better on u. I have both MUFE HD&Nars sheer glow they are my Holy Grails,my Mac studio fix fluid does break me out sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sher...Thanks so much for the compliment! I need a back up of my MAC Select SPF. It's more than 1/2 way gone. OUCH! I feel like I'm still looking for my HG foundation. LOL For now, the MAC Select SPF will have to due. Thanks for taking the time to view & comment. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how they look absolutely flawless on you. The MAC photographs well though. I have only used MAC studio fix powder. I need to try the liquid and NARS sheer glow too. My main & HG is Revlon Colorstay & PhotoFinish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ kimmydadiva...Wow, thanks *blushing*. I haven't tried any of the MAC Studio products. I used to love Revlon Custom Creations. You're welcome. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.